In this episode of the R-Podcast I have a conversation with my colleague Will Landau about his new R package drake that provides a powerful build system for analysis pipelines. In addition we have a fun R community roundup, listener feedback, and a couple of package picks to give you a gentle nod and a fun way to explore interpolation. If you have ideas for topics, questions, or other types of feedback, get in touch with me by heading over to the R-Podcast site at r-podcast.org, sending a note to
thercast[at]gmail.com, or contacting me at @thercast on Twitter. As always thanks for tuning in and I hope you enjoy episode 22 of the R-Podcast!
Episode 22 Notes
drakepackage on CRAN: https://cran.rstudio.com/web/packages/drake/. Check out the quickstart and detailed introduction vignettes.
- Will's site: will-landau.com
- Will's GitHub page: https://github.com/wlandau
R Community Roundup
- SatRDay from Cape Town videos now available: http://capetown2017.satrdays.org/#programme
- Taskviewr shiny app by by Mikhail Popov (@bearloga): https://bearloga.shinyapps.io/taskviewr/
- My PR to the app: https://github.com/bearloga/taskviewr/pull/2
- Faces of
#rstatsby Maelle Salmon (@ma_salmon): http://www.masalmon.eu/2017/03/19/facesofr/
- Twitter followers collage by Andrew Clark (@pssguy): https://www.mytinyshinys.com/post/twitterFollowersCollage/
- What's the "apprentice to guru" path for data management? (rstats subreddit): reddit.com/r/rstats/comments/60rfqa/whats_the_apprentice_to_guru_path_for_data/
- Jared Knowles (@jknowles): Thanks!
- Jared's Data Science Livestream: jknowles.github.io/DataScienceLivestream/
- remindR: In code text reminders to aid code development by Bert Gunter
- fluidSpine: Htmlwidget that allows users to interact with locations of points on a plot by Jonathan Sidi (@yoniceedee)
- Leave a comment on this episode's post
- Email the show:
- Use the R-Podcast contact page
- Leave a voicemail at